Saturday, January 1, 2011

tommy boy pinball

Ok, so I started messing around with visual pinball.. Got frustrated (mostly because it's so old), but did manage to figure out how multiple flippers work in the scripts.  Turns out most of the same script tags work in future pinball (which is superior) for many reasons:
1. It's true 3d (camera can be moved
2. You can import custom 3d objects
3. It supports layers so it's easier to see levels
4. sounds are much easier to attach to objects

Anyway, although VERY rough right now, I did manage to get some graphics laid down and some sound effects imported to targets




One thing I've definately noticed while building a pinball virtually is that it doesn't take much to get a ball stuck without proper design. While I would love to just get my hands dirty and start building a physical table, there's definitely something to be said about prototyping first and working out the bugs.

Also whenever I DO get my real physical pinball machine started, they do in fact sell a diecast of the 67 GTX car that I could put right in the center of the playfield!

No comments:

Post a Comment