Monday, December 2, 2013

Total Recall pinball

This subject comes up over and over.  Someone isn't aware that Data East had a concept to do a dual side by side playfield, and about every year someone discovers this and goes "Hey! anyone see this?"  You know what sucks (besides the fact it never got past a whitewood stage)?  There really isn't any good info on it (or renderings of what it could have been).  So what I'm going to do (since I have no skill in messing around with virtual pinball but have great solidworks skills) is attempt to recreate it in solidworks.  Yes, I'm going to take the crappy photo from IPDB:
http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=4335

And attempt to recreate it in 3d, plop the backglass in, and make up my own artwork of what I think a data east total recall would look like.  It might not be accurate, but it would be something to look at.  Here's a very early rough layout:

No comments:

Post a Comment