Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Taste of pinball

Looking at lots of videos on youtube.. Everything from hacking an arcade pinball to run your own code (PROC)


To people handcrafting their own pinballs from scratch using existing switches:


To this REALLY amazing completely mechanical (no electrical at all) pinball machine


I may at some point build something similar like the last one. I'm fairly electrically stupid, and I REALLY like mechanical because it's easier to fix (and doesn't require power), and I like the idea of trying to make something modern with an archaic approach. Flashing lights and sounds are cool, yet destracting. There's something about a nice clean raw table to make it fun.

Also the other day I stopped at a gameworks to play some of the newer Stern pinball machines, namely IRON Man and Avatar. I must say, both played very well, and it's good to see there's still creative pinball designers around.

No comments:

Post a Comment