Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Met mark ritchie

Yes, the pinball designer:
http://pinwiki.org/wiki/Mark_Ritchie

The younger brother to the VERY famous Steve Ritchie now the lead engineer at Stern Pinball:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Ritchie

No, this was not recently, it was a long time ago (and not realizing at the time who he really was).  This was probably around 1998?  My brother worked for Incredible Technologies at the time, and I was still getting my feet wet as a mechanical engineer (doing mostly drafting work for a company, trying to get my opportunity to do some design work).  Mark was at the time working on an mp3 jukebox (completely new cabinet from scratch), and gave me some drafting work.  Not sure if he was throwing me a bone (because of my brother), or really that was his way of interviewing me to see if I'd be a good fit for a job there.  Needless to say, I got paid (something) for the work I did.  Had I known who it was at the time, I would have been a more excited of who I was meeting.  I must say he seemed like a really cool guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment