Saturday, May 21, 2011

My first pinball machine

Literally looked at a recent craigslist ad in the morning, someone was having a garage sale 2 miles from work today (starting at 8:30). Another pinball fan from work drove over there right away to check them out, we went back at lunchtime. He wanted $200, talked him down to $150. Backglass has cracks, and so far it doesn't fire up, but I'm hoping it's just the blown fuses in it.  I was so careful driving it home, I was worried that the backglass would shatter the rest of the way just from the bumps, but it survived.  I want to try to take a bunch of photos straight on, and merge them in photohop (clean up the crack marks), and hopefully get a reproduction glass.  I found out a process called "duratrans", which is the process you see for large backlit ads in malls and such.  Looks like I'm looking at about $50 for the print:

and then I can either do plexiglass or get real glass cut from a local frame shop (maybe another $10-$30?).  Here's my pin on the database (which I still need to add myself to):


No comments:

Post a Comment