Tuesday, February 28, 2012

gator is sold!

Just went out the door about 2 hours ago.  I find it odd I couldn't get rid of it for $200 just 3 months ago.  I list it now at the same price, I have people begging to buy it at that price.  Actually ended up getting a buyer that offered $250 for it, so with parts I at least broke even (possibly profited).  Odd story to that, I get an email from one guy, says he's emailing me in advance to make sure it's not sold yet, but the guy who's buying it can't email from work (blocked from craigslist).  Then I get an email from the buyer later on.. From Lincoln nebraska!  I'm like "woah man, that's a haul, you sure about this?".  Turns out he's friends with a pinball repair guy up in Racine, WI.. I guess he pays this guy to snatch up pinballs in the area, and 2-3 times a year he hauls them down in a trailer (he has family in NE).  Tells me this guy has only been in the hobby about 3 years, already has like 300 pinballs in his collection (that's a pin every 4 days!)  I not only don't fathom how you afford that, but where the hell do you store a collection like that?

Oh how it seems like just yesterday I bought it:
http://homebrewpinball.blogspot.com/2011/05/my-first-pinball-machine.html

Ho-hum, time to find a replacement :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment