Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Pays to prime

So I never really believed in primer.  I always thought it was a waste of money, if you sand a surface properly you shouldn't need primer.  Turns out, unless you sand perfectly you'll never get a good surface.  So after seeing how great the goonies cabinet looked after priming, I decided to spend the $6 on a pint.  I'll be damned if it doesn't make a difference.  It really helps level out the surface, and you can see how much more the cabinet sheens.  Granted I only have 1 coat on, it's already obvious how much better this cabinet is going to turn out.




















Also got my new aluminum angle and made another bracket, I think it will work quite fine.  I should be able to adjust the mounting screws while the switch is still mounted.



No comments:

Post a Comment