Monday, October 29, 2018

super quick shipping :-0

So I ordered those switches yesterday, they were already in my mailbox today.  I'm pretty sure there's an electronics store on ebay that's very close to the central post office in my area.  So I went ahead and decided to adjust my standup target design and 3d print some parts (still needs some tweaks)



There's literally just a switch holder, the switch itself, a custom target face, a thin metal bracket (I made this one from galvanized metal but it needs to be spring steel), few screws, and a brass insert.  I did a BOM cost estimate and including 3d printed parts I'm at around 80 cents for a complete assembly.  The biggest cost drivers are the bracket and brass insert (I could possibly lower those prices if I bought in volume, not prototype quantities).  In production quantities, I could totally see getting this down to about 50 cents per assembly which is a huge cost reduction over the $8 retail stand-up targets.

No comments:

Post a Comment