Friday, October 11, 2019

speakers came

So my initial impression of the 3" speakers I bought.. even without an enclosure equally or better than the bookshelf speakers I use on my computer.  I hooked up the same amp I use for my computer to one of the bare speakers and it was quite loud and good sound.  I put it in a cup so it has some back pressure, cranked down the treble a bit and the speaker definitely moves quite a bit when it has some bass thrown at it.  I'm going to try to 3d print at least one enclosure this weekend to see if it makes a big difference in the sound.  I'm almost wishing I had bought a 3rd to turn one into a bass only speaker (the LEPY amp is a 2.1 channel so it does have a bass output on it).  I might try it in each output to see if there's any difference.

I've grown up always thinking bigger is better (and if you want true air moving bass in a car that's still true), but for a pinball I think even small speakers can deliver pretty good sound if they are enclosed properly.  We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment