Friday, October 4, 2019

more parts, configuring computer

Computer had a clean install but I wanted to ditch the mechanical hard drive.. Finding an ISO isn't going to help because OEM keys don't work that way. Tried to create a backup image to a usb hard drive, wouldn't boot from it.  Got fed up and installed tiny7 directly through the dvd drive.  No drivers, but struggled to get them installed.. then after ALL that I realized tiny7 is 32-bit not 64bit.  So finally my solution was to find a free cloning program that would at least make a mirror of what's on the mechanical drive over to the SSD.  Case is fairly quiet, I'm guessing if it were inside a pinball cabinet with the glass on you wouldn't even hear it, but I may look into replacing the CPU fan with a noctua fan.


Very clean, no scratches or dents, very impressed.

Grabbed a wireless keyboard/mouse $12 amazon, a wifi dongle $5 on ebay, $14 audio amp on ebay.  Still need speakers and probably going to go with a pair of these for the backbox:
https://www.parts-express.com/grs-3fr-4-full-range-3-speaker-driver-4-ohm--292-436#lblProductDetails



But I really want some bass, so I may try 3d printing a subwoofer box:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3851805


Got Python and mission pinball installed.  Tried downloading the demo_man sample.  It would run the code, but the media control window (DMD) opens up then closes itself.. I even added the capital -X at the end (so it runs as simulation not a real pinball).  I feel like I'm following the tutorial to the T and already I'm hitting a roadblock.  I really need to see an example running so I know it's capability.

No comments:

Post a Comment