Friday, September 27, 2019

more parts, not a patient person

So computer is shipped and on the way.  Supposedly going to be here next Tuesday but because it's fedex it could get delayed until next Friday because fedex usually sucks.  Computer comes with 4gb ram and I was going to wait to see if that's a single ram chip or dual chips but then I said screw it let's see what a pair of 4gb ram chips cost. Found a pair of used 4gb samsung PC3-12800 for only $18 shipped on ebay so bought that.  Then I was going to do the "buy a 240gb drive, replace my main computer drive since it's low,  put 120gb from my main computer into pinball computer.. then decided to see what was actually sucking up space.  Found a free program called wiztree and turns out epic games was sucking up 20gb (I believe I had unreal engine, pinball, and possibly fortnite).  So since I don't NEED to replace that drive (I'd actually be dreading re-installing windows and all my software, especially solidworks) so I opted to simply just buy another 120gb drive and call it done (also $18 brand new).  So by the end of next week hopefully I can start installing windows from scratch (most likely I'll install tiny7), install mission pinball framework and just start going through the tutorial.


No comments:

Post a Comment