Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Computer acquired

So for about the past week I've been combing ebay and craigslist.  There was one ebay post of 4 computers, all the same specs.  Honestly it's a deal at $35+$15 shipping.. Core i5 750 (2.66ghz cpu, 4 cores, 4 threads), 4gb ram, 250gb hard drive, windows 7, geforce 310 (not awesome, but plenty for open GL), and if at some point I decide to add 3d unity graphics or I want to run dual screen it does have an open slot for a nicer video card.  Even though it's a 10 year old computer, it's still very decent.  I mean even if you were to piece together parts it would add up quick.  Probably going to upgrade to 8gb ram and a solid state hard drive since that's what mission pinball recommends as an ideal machine for development.  My home computer has a 120gb SSD drive that seems to float between 1-5gb of space left, so my goal is to buy a 240gb SSD, upgrade my home machine (re-install everything), then pop the 120gb drive into the pinball computer.  120gb should be PLENTY for windows plus framework plus yaml.


No comments:

Post a Comment