Monday, March 16, 2020

coronavirus - killing shows

So not only am I not going to TPF, but also not MGC (which means I'm not bringing van halen out anytime soon).  I'm still planning on bringing it to Chicago Expo but that's still 7 months away.

Because I have so much time I'm not going to waste it.  I'm going to try to finish all the basic things I was going to do (IEC connection, try to move more of the boards into the lower cabinet for each hookup, move the audio amp near the coin door for easy volume control), but I have a couple stretch goals in mind:

1. While the speakers are decent, they are by no means optimized.  I literally shoved a couple speakers inside a poorly crafted wooden box and drill some holes on the front.  I would like to get a pair of the 3d printed ported speakers made up to put behind the 80s boombox fascade.
2. I love building LCD mods, and I think adding one that plays music videos would be a nice attraction.  Since there is effectively zero space between the top of the playfield and glass, I would probably have to make some sort of topper.

No comments:

Post a Comment