Tuesday, July 19, 2011

pinball life

Stopped by pinball life in huntley to pickup some parts and check the place out.



















The owner was really nice, asked me if I was a long time pinball collector or a newbie.  I showed him a list of parts, and he brought me out to his warehouse to grab stuff.  He asked how far away I was, I said 4 miles.  He goes "wow, out of the 1 of 4 pinball part suppliers your that close by?  Lucky you".  He clearly has a good grasp of what he has in stock and what I'm looking for (he has about 4-6 pins in the middle at all times).  Asked about ben heck since he was there recently, he said he's a really nice smart guy, but he asks a little too much money for his projects (isn't sure how much he actually sells).

Told him about the 4-player start problem I'm having with my gator, gave me a business card of a local guy that works on stuff, says he's really cheap (he must love the hobby).  I might just give him a call, who knows he might give me some tips.











Anyway, here's the goods I got fer $36:


























* The feet (and most of the inside legs) of the space shuttle were rusted to hell.  Whoever had this originally must have had a flood in the basement.

* Can never have too many LED bulbs for replacing
* My gator was missing two acorn bolts, so figured I should replace those (and have spares)
* Two of the balls in the space shuttle were rusty too (seriously, how do you allow a pin to get so badly abused, I've never seen rusty pinballs, they're chromed for crying out loud!), picked up 3 (can never have enough)
* New lock mechanism for backglass cabinet.  Doesn't seem to have a key, so out it comes

No comments:

Post a Comment