Thursday, July 21, 2011

shopping, and not the grocery kind

Ok, so I fixed my issue with the USA switches at the top (I assumed it was microswitches, not copper leafsprings).  Quick sanding of the contacts, voila! working again.  Left flipper gets stuck once in a while, so I'm going to have to rebuild it one of these days.  Some of the playfield sockets are bad under the plastics (replacing bulbs didn't work), though it seems to be in sections.  Might just be a weak connection to the first bulb.  Still waiting for my roms from indiana, was half expecting them to arrive today, ,but shouldn't be here any later than tomorrow.  I ordered a new CPU and main sound controller chip ($10 each, shipping included).  If that doesn't fix the no-sound, I'm going to have to start replacing caps, possibly look at the op-amp.

No comments:

Post a Comment