Saturday, February 8, 2014

small update

So I worked on Fire! pinball for a while, got frustrated because the relay part wasn't bad that was causing a section of lights to not work.  One thing I didn't think to check was fuses, it's quite possible when the relay locked on, a fuse popped.  If that aint it, I'm convinced it's something with the logic on the MPU board, maybe even something as simple as the TIP-122 transistor.

Anyway, I decided throw some images on the playfield surface.  It's amazing how a little bit of art can make a big difference.
You may also notice a little figurine on the right side.  I intend on building a man that collapses like one of those donkey toys you may have had as a kid


Another thing I worked on is the record.  Originally I was going to use a CD spindle and a CD, but seeing how the CD cracked without even being installed, I realize that's just not going to be strong enough.  Another thing, a CD is far too smooth.  I could probably add a textured sticker, but those don't seem to do much.  My idea is to not only 3d print a record with some walls that will strengthen it, but add some "grooves" to make it look more like a shiny record.  Except they won't really be grooves, they'll stick out to knock the ball around.  I'm also looking into adding a motor with a gear underneath
One thing I can't seem to find is a decent piece of plywood.  Every home depot I've stopped at has crappy warped wood.  I'm sure companies like Stern have a very specific supplier that gives them A grade wood that's perfectly flat.


No comments:

Post a Comment