Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Power supply came in, I'm flipping


Flippers are really strong, I'm actually quite curious how far up a ramp it would go now.  One thing I'm curious about is when I'm holding the flippers up, there's a slight whining noise.  I don't know if that's normal for PWM'ing a coil (I used a meter to verify 12 volts), or if maybe a 3-lug coil is not meant to PWM and I need to find a 2 lug coil?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8b0VD4zP-nE&feature=youtu.be

Anyway, pretty exciting.  Now that I have flippers, I intend on getting the ball trough wired up, the upper 3rd flipper, a 4th flipper in the upper right, and get the slings wired up.  I also definately need to do some wire management.  My wire tabs came in today, but the re-usable tie wraps are a day behind.

Here's the power supply.  It has a nice shielded case, terminal block (3 for the input cord, 3 each for ground, 3 each for positive 48v output).  It's got an LED for power to let you know it's working, and even has an adjustable pot.  I was able to crank it up to about 68V, but then brought it back down to 52V (doesn't seem like it goes lower than that).  The fan never turned on (yet) which is good.  That means it's not getting hot.

1 comment:

  1. the whine for pwm is normal, your PWM'ing it in the audible range

    ReplyDelete