Sunday, October 12, 2014

whitewood

Still not ready to flip yet, but the playfield is where it needs to be.  The picture below doesn't look like much, but it actually took a lot to get there:

I had to move the back rails at least 4-5 times.  I started out with the playfield flat (angle only added by the rear feet),  but that only gave me about 4.5 inches of height, way lower than I originally designed.  I moved it down to give me about 6.5" of height, but then realized the rails weren't even making the left side a good 3/8" too low.  After one more adjustment, it was completely level.

So now I can actually shoot a ball, and... ram it into a couple pieces of cardboard wall.  The back wall is mounted to the playfield, though I'm pretty sure I need to lower the hole if I want the ball to pass through (unless I carve out part of the cabinet, which I don't).  I ended up routing it so I got a nice smooth and flat cut, I can always pop it back out and trim it deeper.

I may actually wire up the flippers and ball trough early just so I can start flipping (not completely happy with the way the slings are turning out).

No comments:

Post a Comment