Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Progress


 

So I've pixelated out my upper playfield because I'm not ready to reveal it, but I'm pretty happy and excited about it (I'll be even happier when I can flip it).  I had an idea that really ties in with this theme, but at the same time it's a very cool tight double orbit shot (this is going to double as the upper balcony).  I modeled it in visual pinball and it shoots just like I imagined it would.  Also because I have so much more vertical space my upper playfield can be much higher allowing for more to be seen underneath (I may even have a 2nd upper playfield if I come up with an idea).  Now THAT would be absolutely crazy.. Main playfield, 2 upper playfields and a lower playfield.  Hasn't been that many layers since Pinball Circus.

Although plastic ramps are easier to model / fabricate, I've modeled in a wireform ramp.  My copper rods arrive tomorrow, and I really want to see if I can come up with a fixture to form them (even if I have to 3d print a buck).

The reference flipper shot lines are already a huge help in figuring out where I can stick stuff.  I have a list of potential mechs I want to build (some old, some new), but now that I know where they can fit I think laying this out will go much easier now.



No comments:

Post a Comment