Wednesday, March 18, 2015

3d model -> real part, easy with cardboard

Ok so the looping ramp worked out pretty well, so I decided to go ahead and make the piano captive ball ramp.  Honestly this took me like 30 minutes to make from cardboard and some small square balsa.  Balsa isn't completely necessary, but it's cheap (less than a dollar for 3 feet of 1/4"), and it helps stiffen it up by giving it structure.  Haven't yet seen how the ball is going to travel, but I imagine it will easily get up the ramp and pop over it (which means it will hit the standup target no problem).






I'm also starting to fabricate real clear plastics without laser, and even getting art on them.  I wrote up a quick write-up on the pinball makers blog:
http://pinballmakers.com/wiki/index.php/Construction#Plastics



No comments:

Post a Comment