Saturday, March 14, 2015

A better layout

So I've really been looking at other tables to see what makes them good.  One thing I noticed on Josh's Kugler family table is that the upper right flipper has lots of things to shoot at (4-5).  It almost justifies needing that extra flipper.  So that's what I started doing, justifying all my flippers with shots.  I also realize there needs to be multiple ways to get to sections of the playfield.  Anyway, here's the layout:

Lower left flipper:
1. This can feed it into the upper right playfield
2. I moved the record down so the left flipper has something to shoot for

Lower right flipper:
1. This will feed a far left lane (ala metallica)
2. This will feed the back orbit shot
3. This can feed the VUK to the upper playfield

Middle right flipper:
1. This shoots the loop-da-loop ramp, which hopefully feeds into the VUK.  Notice that the Loop ramp looks like an "S" which spells "SWAY" with the playfield art
2. This feeds a ramp captive ball (which is the keyboard)
3. This feeds a lane that goes under the captive ball, and depending on how you hit it, you can hit 3 targets along the right wall
4. I'm hoping I'll be able to backhand a shot into the drums

Upper playfield flipper
1. Loop shot
2. target wall
3. waterslide ramp exit



I'm still hoping to fill the slightly dead area underneath part of the upper playfield.  I don't know if I should just stick pop bumpers under there and call it a day or what.

No comments:

Post a Comment