Sunday, March 22, 2015

Got a waterfall ramp

I'm still a little leary about cutting a hole for the 3rd flipper and VUK until I get my new upper playfield cut, especially as crowded as things are starting to get.  I did however accomplish getting my left ramp built out of cardboard (and it works beautifully).  Had to tweak something things, including adjusting the height of the humps so that the ball could still pass underneath at critical areas.  I also had to pull the bottom loop closer to the inlane.  Also when you bend fluted cardboard into curves, it tends to do so not smoothly (it kinks) so I had to add some thinner cardboard on top to smooth it out.  Once I got all that done, I let a ball roll down 10 times and it worked every time.  Of course when it's made from smooth plastic or metal, it'll only be faster.


I'm going to try to get the upper playfield cut today so I can continue completing a fully shooting playfield minus a few features.

2 comments:

  1. Stick to the rivers and the lakes that you're used to.

    ReplyDelete