Thursday, January 9, 2014

Goonies pinball

So I gotta talk about this guy (he may be reading this).  You can follow his blog here:
gooniespinball.com




I gotta say I admire someone jumping in who seems to not really have skills (look who’s talking mister refuses to code his own pinball rules).  Based on his first video, it seems he can't do board work (not sure about mechanical).  He can't code, he can't photoshop, it's going to be one heck of a learning curve.  I just hope his passion continues to drive him along because the reward will be worth it in the end.

I guess the reason I bring this up is that sometimes I get so intimidated with my project, and really the only thing lacking is a full understanding of electronics and code (working on both of those this year).  If this guy is not only taking on a project with everything to learn, but is blogging about it (and announcing it on pinside so he's sort of out in the public), there's no reason I can't finish mine.  That's part of the reason why I haven't really announced my project (if you happen to stumble here, fine).  But I don't want to show the general pinball community anything until I've at least got a partial whitewood done.  It's probably the same reason why that ghostbusters guy waited until he was finished, he didn't want the pressure of everyone telling him to hurry up and finish it.

1 comment:

  1. Saw that pop up on pinside today. Im with you, I keep my stuff on my blog until I get further along before announcing it on pinside :)

    ReplyDelete