Sunday, January 19, 2014

Update 1.19.14

Ok so I scrounged some time today to do some updates.  Once again as I'm half asleep I start thinking about goals (having a purpose for everything on the playfield).  Even though under playfields were accessible by hitting a few targets and aiming for a tunnel in the early 80's, I want to be better than that.  So I've decided to turn the lower playfield into a "last chance" like wizard of oz, which ties great with the song (which is about being at the end of your rope and wanting to commit suicide).  So here's how it's going to go, everytime you drain a ball, it feeds into a subway which pops the ball into the lower playfield.  I figure it's at that point where you need to hit so many targets in so much time (each drain the time gets less, when the time ends the flippers die).  If you drain it on the lower playfield, it drains into another subway, into a VUK, and that brings it back up to the ball trough.

I've also eliminated most of the shooter lane, arcing it early which will bring it over to some targets (like congo or lethal weapon, or T2).  This opens up the playfield space for more stuff.  Now to get to the balcony, you have to hit a target to lower an elevator, and then you can knock the ball into the elevator which brings it up to the upper playfield.  I've also added a jumprope ball gate on the left ramp.

I've got some more ideas, I just haven't had time today to model them all, but the layout is starting to take shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment