Thursday, June 26, 2014

another small update

So I'm building the backbox.  The right angle clamp tool is great.  I went ahead and drilled my 15/32" holes, dribbled some glue, and hammered 1/4" diameter dowels into the holes.  Once it's pounded together, I let it sit in the clamp to keep it at 90 degrees as it dries.  To be sure it stays that way, I'm going to do just one joint until it dries.  I may buy 3 more of these at some point so I can build an entire box all at once, and have a cured box in the morning.  I also cut holes in a separate piece to mount the speakers, they included a great template to mark the holes.


I checked my tracking, the aluminum sheets are scheduled to be delivered tomorrow at work, so I'm going to try to get those cut tomorrow and bring them home for the weekend.  If I manage to get everything mounted, I may be flipping by next week.. into an empty abyss :-)

Foam-core here we come!

1 comment: